You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘healthy-living’ tag.

Ok, so I am a few days late past two weeks, but not bad.  Not 3 months between posts.  I have partially completed one of the three quilts I needed to do work on. I should finish it tomorrow and since I have until the end of the month, that goal is looking pretty good.  As far as yoga once a week, I just don’t see that happening.  I need to reevaluate how to make exercise work for me.  So far, I haven’t gotten there.  I have not picked up the book that my son bought me either and I’m still hovering around 192.  I have some work to do.

But speaking of quilting, I have decided that it’s really not my thing.  I like to pick patterns and then colors to fit in that pattern and that’s about it.  Everything past that is kind of frustrating for me.  So I need to find a new hobby and something besides reading (which I used to love to do, but find difficult to do now).  Any suggestions for a hobby that would appeal to someone with a great sense of color and design but little patience?

So where do I stand in the month?  I still need to work on my diet.  I am beginning to wonder if that is ever going to help.  I’ve been eating vegan at least 60% of the time and my weight is not budging.  And I’m certainly not eating ice cream the other 40%! Getting discouraged and feeling like perhaps acceptance is my first step, then weight loss.  Also, I’ve never been an athlete and have always had trouble getting any type of routine down when it comes to exercise (except for those 10 months when I thought I was going into the Marine Corp reserves, but that is a story for a different time).  I like yoga, it makes me feel good, most exercise classes make me feel good, and yet – I can’t bring myself to go on a consistent basis.

Ok, to sum it up, I’m on track for two of my five goals? Not so good.  Guess I need to step it up in the next two weeks so that when I post again, I have better news to report and new goals to set.  Until then…


Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 3 other followers